Recent monsoon storms in Tucson brought the perfect conditions for the elephants at Reid Park Zoo to play in fresh mud and go for a swim.
In the video shared by Reid Park Zoo Thursday morning, elephants Nandi and Mabu can be seen splashing around in their watering hole before joining the rest of the elephant herd as they roll around in mud created by monsoon showers. Video courtesy Reid Park Zoo.
As featured on
The city of Tucson Department of Transportation and Mobility selected Spin and Razor to participate in an e-scooter program that includes enhanced safety and education requirements.
For Star subscribers: An increase in people adopting pets during the pandemic and a shortage of veterinarians has created the perfect storm.
- Watch now: Giraffes enjoy light monsoon showers at Tucson's Reid Park Zoo
- July 2021 was Tucson's wettest month on record. Enjoy these beautiful monsoon photos
- Overnight storm helps Tucson top 8 inches of rain for July
- Watch Now: Brian Seastone signs off as UAPD Police Chief for the last time
- Watch now: Bighorn sheep enjoy post-monsoon greenery near Tucson
- Watch now: Coyote pups play in front yard near Tucson Estates
- Watch now: Newborn zebra grazes with its mom at Reid Park Zoo
- Watch now: Newest zebra foal at Reid Park Zoo has a need for speed
- Watch now: Joaquin the bear makes his return to Tucson zoo