Two local veterans, ages 102 and 95, were taken on flights in a World War II-era Boeing Stearman biplane out of Ryan Airfield west of Tucson as part of Operation September Freedom.
The two-month mission organized by Dream Flights, a nonprofit organization, aims to give 1,000 veterans across the country a scenic flight with the help of volunteer pilots.
Leo Fisher and Louis Hiett, residents of Splendido at Rancho Vistoso in Oro Valley, were among four veterans who got to soar above Tucson on Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021.
As featured on
Youniverse Selfie Museum has nearly 50 sets and backdrops customers of all ages can use for …
Renowned Tucson architect Roy Place brought the Spanish Colonial Revival style to the Old Pu…
Raytheon Missiles & Defense — the Tucson region’s largest employer — was awarded a contract in 2016 to develop the HAWC missile.
- Watch now: Aerial views of the Tucson Mountains, Kitt Peak and Silverbell mine
- Watch now: Flashback photos of Tucson from the air in 1984
- Watch now: Aerial view of Santa Cruz River flowing with rainwater
- Banner Health dealing with Arizonans poisoning themselves with cattle drug
- 35 fun things to do in Tucson this September 2021
- Pima County sheriff's deputies, corrections officers getting body-worn cameras