The foal was born to zebras Ben and Anna, a Grevy's zebra, at Tucson's Reid Park Zoo earlier this week.
"Grevy’s zebras are an endangered species and the largest of the three species of zebra," read an Oct. 1 Facebook post from Reid Park Zoo.
Visitors have the best chance of seeing Anna and her new foal at the zoo early in the mornings. Zoo staff will be monitoring the two closely, due to the high mortality rate of newborn zebras. Video courtesy of Reid Park Zoo.
As featured on
Frontman Mark Wystrach, a native of Sonoita and Salpointe High alum, is excited to open Midland's first tour in two years in Arizona.
- Watch now: Elephants play in the mud at Reid Park Zoo during Tucson's rainy season
- Photos: Oldest giraffe at Reid Park Zoo dies at age 32
- Watch now: Giraffes enjoy light monsoon showers at Tucson's Reid Park Zoo
- Street Smarts: How a menagerie of unwanted animals became Tucson's first zoo
- 45 fun things to do in Tucson this October 2021
- Watch now: Owl takes a bath in trough on Tucson's northwest side
- Watch now: Newest zebra foal at Reid Park Zoo has a need for speed