Break out that pumpkin carving kit and put down some newspaper, because it's jack-o'-lantern time. 🎃
Chiara Bautista, our incredibly talented artist, created some free desert-inspired pumpkin carving stencils for you to use this season.
How to carve your very own Tucson pumpkin:
• Select the stencils you want to use by downloading their PDFs below and printing them out.
• Once printed, tape the stencil onto a pumpkin that's been hollowed. Cut some slits on the side of the paper so it can really fit the shape of the gourd.
• Pierce the lines of the stencil with a toothpick so it leaves a mark on the pumpkin. When you are done tracing, remove the stencil — you should be left with a collection of tiny holes that resembles the shape of your Halloween image.
• With your carving tools, begin to cut out the negative space of the stencil. Use your best judgment on this one.
• You're all done! Add a candle or light to the inside of your Tucson jack-o'-lantern and let the world enjoy it.
Check out this video below for more helpful pumpkin carving tips.